Saturday, August 4, 2012

Book Review - Sunshine Soup



Being an expatriate myself, once I heard about the release of this book, I was very concerned about studying it. The fact that the creator is from England, and has had many expatriate experiences including dwelling in Dubai, I believed it would be a very good read. I most actually was not disappointed.

The book had me hooked from the first page. I had problem placing it down. The book opens with Maya getting ready for her move to Dubai with her husband who is a pilot and has taken up a place based within the Center East. Maya has been working a espresso shop with two friends, a job that she enjoys quite a bit and can miss: not only the stimulation provided by the work but in addition the ladies who she is close to. When she arrives in Dubai it comes as one thing of a shock to discover that her passport has a visa in it stating that she can not work. She is shattered at this and wonders what she will be able to do with her time. One factor that she does is create a blog of her culinary experiences and links it back to her friends and their espresso shop back dwelling in England.

Jo Parfitt brings Dubai to life in this book. I loved all the ladies characters that she created within the book, each with her own attention-grabbing story. I preferred the truth that many nationalities were represented by the ladies within the book. What I additionally preferred about the book is the truth that, just because the solar shines, does not mean that life is all rosy and cheery. Events occur and things can go wrong. Not one of many characters is boring. Their lives are intricately described. I preferred the truth that Maya didn't just accept the truth that she couldn't work. She had to discover a way to be lively within the new neighborhood by which she finds herself.

The food of Dubai can be delivered to life within the pages of this page. I discovered myself craving dates after finishing. Even better is the truth that most of the recipes are included at the back of the book.

I might highly advocate this book to anyone who has experienced expatriate life, whether or not in an exotic location or not. I do hope that the creator can be writing another fictional work, as she is greatest known for her non-fiction books.

This post is written by Ricky Adams and he works at Coupon Glow as a writer. Coupon Glows provides working pacsun coupons.



No comments:

Post a Comment